Are BAS manufacturers good candidates for S4 Open products?
BAS Manufacturers include Advantech, American Auto-Matrix, ASI Controls, Honeywell, Johnson Controls, KMC Controls, Reliable Controls, Siemens, Tridium, etc. These manufactures all have their own HMI.
- Most have migrated to the BACnet communications protocol standard so they would be candidates for the S4 Open: BACnet-N2 Router.
- ASI Controls and Advantech use the OPC communications protocol standard so they would be candidates for the S4 Open: OPC-N2 Router.
- Ask for the person responsible for 3rd party product integration or integration to Johnson Controls Metasys Building Automation Systems.
- S4 reserves the relationships with BAS manufacturers, even when there are in one of our partner's sales territory. Some of the manufacturers have established OEM arrangements, private labelling arrangements, or preferred supplier agreements for their channel partners.
- Think outside the box when talking to these organizations. They may have ideas of their own about how we can work together for our mutual interest.
- Investigate opportunities to do joint marketing, publish case studies, get links to The S4 Group placed on their web sites, or get articles placed in their newsletters or other channel partner communications.
- Look for opportunities to present at local or national sales meetings.
- Look for opportunities to have our products in their booths at national conferences like the ASHRAE AHR show, NFM&T show, Facility Decisions, etc.
- There is a large contingent of ex-JCI employees at JCI competitors who were caught in the frequent layoffs that happen at JCI. They may be some of our best advocates. People love to hate JCI but most of them admit that JCI was a great training ground. Let them vent. Then sell them on our products.
- Ask for contacts at, or introductions to, their channel partners.